Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fruit Smoothie

Trying to get kids to eat healthy is so hard.  Brynlee isn't a big eater anyway so it seems to be double hard for me.  Erin shared this smoothie recipe with me 6 months ago and it has become a staple in my house.  I did change it up just a little.  Brynlee loves these and I'm sure your kids will too.  :)

In a blender: 1 Serving
Frozen Blueberries (a handful)
4 frozen strawberries
4 or 5 pieces of frozen mango or pinapple
1/2 frozen banana

When your banans get to the point when they are over ripe and you have to throw them out...Don't!  Freeze them for smoothies!  Thanks for this tip Erin!

Splash of Strawberry Banana lowfat probiotic Kefir (in the dairy section next to the milk)
Milk
Swirl of Agave Necter

Directions:
Add fruit, Kefir, milk, and agave.  I add 4 parts Kefir to 1 part milk.  Start out with a small amount.  It is easier to add more liquid if it is too thick.  Once you have made it a few times, you will know about how much to add.  Blend and enjoy!

Protein powder can also be added. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment